Developing optical aggregation using optical packet switches and supporting digital optical design elements.
- Optical packet switch architecture
- J. Touch, J. Bannister, S. Suryaputra, A. Willner, “A design for an Internet router with a digital optical data plane,” Invited paper, Photonics West, 2014.
- J. Touch, S. Suryaputra, J. Bannister, A. Willner, “Optical Packet Switch Using Forward-Shift SDLs,” OECC-PS, Jul. 2013.
- J. Touch, J. Bannister, S. Suryaputra, “Packet Switch with Separate Look Ahead, Computation, and Shift Phases,” U.S. Patent #8,306,047, Univ. of Southern California, Nov. 2012.
- S. Suryaputra, J. Touch, J. Bannister, “The Case of a Precognition Optical Packet Switch,” Proc. IEEE High-Speed Networks Workshop, Apr. 2009.
- J. Touch, “Components developed for all-optical Internet router,” SPIE Newsroom article (PDF also available), Sept. 24, 2008.
- Optical Internet checksum implementation
- (under development)
- All-optical packet hopcount decrementer
- J. McGeehan, S. Kumar, A. Willner, J. Bannister, J. Touch, “Optical Time-to-Live Decrementing and Subsequent Dropping of an Optical Packet ,” Proc. Optical Fiber Communication Conference (OFC), Atlanta, Mar. 23-28, 2003, pp. 8-10.
- All-optical packet header classifier
- M. Hauer, J. McGeehan, J. Touch, P. Kamath, J. Bannister, E. Lyons, C. Lin, A. Au, H. Lee, D. Starodubov, and A. Willner, “Dynamically Reconfigurable All-Optical Correlators to Support Ultra-fast Internet Routing,” Proc. Optical Fiber Communications Conference (OFC), March 2002.
- M. Hauer, J. McGeehan, S. Kumar, J, Touch, J. Bannister, E. Lyons, C. Lin, A. Lau, H. Lee, D. Starodubov, & A. Willner, “Optically-Assisted Internet Routing Using Arrays of Novel Dynamically Reconfigurable FBG-Based Correlators,”IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, Special Issue on Optical Networks, V21 N11, Dec. 2003, pp. 2765-2778.
- Hybrid optical-electrical packet switch architecture
- J. Bannister, J. Touch, P. Kamath, A. Patel, J. McGeehan, A. Willner, “A Method to Forward Internet Packets Without Conversion from an Optical to an Electronic Format,” U.S. Patent #7,369,766, University of Southern California, Sept. 2001 (granted May 6, 2008).
- J. Bannister, J. Touch, P. Kamath, A. Patel, “An Optical Booster for Internet Routers,” Invited Paper, Proc. Eighth International Conference on High Performance Computing, Hyderabad, India, Dec. 2001, pp. 339-413.